Hello kids, today we want to share you 13 fun and interesting facts about Rhinoceros.
If you love art and drawing, you would want to check this awesome video, how to draw a rhino step by step:
Now let’s learn about the different species of rhinoceros, their thick skin, horns, weight and much more.
- The name rhinoceros means ‘nose horn’ and is often shortened to rhino.
- There are five different species of rhinoceros, three native to southern Asia and two native to Africa. They are the Black Rhinoceros, White Rhinoceros, Indian Rhinoceros, Javan Rhinoceros and Sumatran Rhinoceros.
- All five species of rhinoceros can grow to weigh over 1000 kg (2200 lb).
- White rhino can weigh over 3500 kg (7700 lb).
- White rhinoceros are generally considered the second largest land mammal (after the elephant).
- Three of the five rhinoceros species are listed as being critically endangered.
- Rhinoceros have thick, protective skin.
- Relative to their large body size, rhinoceros have small brains.
- Rhinoceros horns are made from a protein called keratin, the same substance that fingernails and hair are made of.
- Rhinoceros are often hunted by humans for their horns.
- Rhinoceros are herbivores (plant eaters).
- A group of rhinoceros is called a ‘herd’ or a ‘crash’.
- Despite their name, White Rhinoceros are actually gray.
HOW TO DRAW RHINO EASY STEP BY STEP FOR KIDS
Hey, This video is about how to draw a rhino STEP BY STEP EASY for kids and toddlers with slow instruction, very detailed, funny effects.
Kids also will learn how to color easy, step by step coloring for kids.
Beside, we will share more about fun and interesting rhino FACTS and QUOTES for kids in this video.